ETwA has a range of officially approved tiddlywinks equipment for sale.
- Winks. Our tournament standard winks come from Italy. Cheap moulded
counters are not sufficient quality for tournaments.
- Squidgers. These are discs between one inch and two inches
diameter (subject to a thickness limit and that they must not damage
winks when used). ETwA has some "blank" plastic squidgers for sale.
Experienced players are likely to file down blank squidgers to obtain a
sharper edge (giving more control on some tiddlywinks shots).
- Pots. ETwA can supply the pots that are used in tournaments. The
pots are concave-sided cups that are 38 mm high with an outer diameter of
50 mm at the top and 35 mm at the base. Beginners may be happy to start off by
using an old-fashioned egg-cup of roughly the correct dimensions.
- Mats. The playing surface measures six foot by three foot and is made out of a natural or synthetic felt material. The mat provides a surface of the right "bounciness" that is regular and (usually) long-lasting. Beginners may get by initially by playing on non-pile carpets. An alternative "unofficial" playing surface that isn't too bad is the back of the heat resistant Table Protector from the shop John Lewis.
Contact Stew Sage, the treasurer of ETwA, via e-mail to "info" at domain
name "@etwa.org" for further information.
The following gives ETwA's current prices:
- Full set (pot, winks, 4 blank squidgers): £5.50
- Winks only: £1.00
- Pot only: £4.50
- Small squidgers: £0.10 each
- Soft 2" blank squidgers: £0.20 each
- Hard 1.5" blank squidgers: £0.50 each
- Synthetic felt mats: £12 each
Postage for mats costs £10 for delivery in the UK.
[Aside: Note that some tournaments are played on natural felt rather than synthetic material]
Annual membership of ETwA costs:
Members pay reduced entry fees for tournaments,
receive printed copies of the official magazine Winking World, and
get the privilege of voting on rules changes to the game.
- £10 per year for people with a job
- £5 per year for unwaged people, or for students who are rejoining
- £3 per year for new student members